Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Home Heals


This is the third time this week that this happened. My uncle died this week losing his battle with cancer - died peacefully at home which is what he preferred. Then I learned this morning of another friend of a colleague who as well lost her battle with cancer but died surrounded by friends and family in her home. While it may seem silly in comparison, I have an old (she'll be 13 on Wednesday) lab who had a sudden onset of Vestibular disease which they described last evening at the ER as loss of equilibrium. For her suddenly the world is spinning and she keeps falling in search of the floor. The vet shared that she would likely recover and that she "would obviously feel more comfortable at home". It made me think that sometimes we forget the importance of either helping someone find the right home or helping them stage the one they've lived in.....or helping them redesign the one they have while celebrating all that they love. This photo is of Simba a couple of years ago when she was recovering in our old home from a coyote attack. She always carries shoes and last evening when I came home she was stumbling toward me -- falling all over the place with my shoe and a weak tail wag. Whaaaaa!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home